my Blue trike Life

walkabout, on a journey to a greater destination

Thursday, September 06, 2007

in the deeper places of life

Ok so I am still terrorising Adelaide, recent happenings include my birthday a couple weeks ago where I became twice as old as a twelve year old. Last weekend my Church held the Innagrual "Lifewell Conference" with Dr. Allen Meyer of Careforce speaking. It kicked off on the Friday night with a session open to the public, with another four sessions on the Saturday one being a split male/female session where Alan spoke on mens stuff and I don't know much about the other one that was for the ladies. Lifewell is a part of our Church and runs out of the old manse next to our main building. It's there that people go to be apart of Careforce Lifekeys programs, support groups such as a breast cancer support group, to join in greif share a help for those who have lost immediate family, for a good hair cut at a low price, for remedial massage, professional counselling and the list keeps going and growing. Most services are at a subsidised cost, with money from the New Begginings second hand store that also runs on our land as a part of our Church.
I got to play a role in the managing of the Auditorium and some technical stage management stuff as well at the conference, which was stressfull at times, but I really enjoyed it. We were excited to see plenty of people come and alot of lives impacted by God and I am sure some who will be experiencing a time of healing and restoration in the months to come. It was also great to be able to put out the message of "Hey we are the Church, lets really help people!" and hear people going yeah we can really do something. It was great to see how everything paned out after much prayer and a little effort. I am so greatful to God that I can be apart of my Church, it ain't perfect but as my Pastor John has said "the church should look more like a hospital than a fitness club" or something to that effect. That we are humans with messed up lives, and if we wear that on the outside, we create an environment where we can get healing on the inside, "in the deeper places of life" as Ps John would say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home