my Blue trike Life

walkabout, on a journey to a greater destination

Thursday, June 21, 2007

You could call me homeless

I in no way mean to be offensive to those who live at the other end of the scale in degrees of homelessness, who daily struggle with issues of safety, security and shelter.
I am writing an assignment at the moment on the effects of homelessness on young people, and after doing some research into who is defined as homless, I have discovered that I am pretty sure that I could be considered homeless. See there are many different degrees to which someone can be defined as homeless, and what it really comes down too is whether you have an adequatley safe and secure home. Now I would say that if I do fit in to this that I do fit right down the bottom of the scale but since I have moved at least once every year since I moved out of home at the start of 2002 and sometimes multiple times in a year I could be classified as not having a secure home. Now there have been times when I have been more homeless than others, like when i was staying in a friends place till I could find somewhere with just a sleeping bag and a bag of clothes and things. Then there was when I was sort of bording at a families house but I was only there for a short term. There was another time when I was bording somewhere for 6 months, and times when I have rented places for a year. All short term accommodatin really. Now at the end of the year I will be moving again, so at the moment it can be said that while I may have a safe home it is not a secure home. I don't know when I will end my homelessness, but hopefully sometime in the next few years I could settle somewhere for a while, maybe at least a 3 year spell. That would be a nice experience to live somewhere in the one house for 3 years, I think it would make a big difference, it would be challenging too.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home