my Blue trike Life

walkabout, on a journey to a greater destination

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Challenges to Christianity

Found this on Smulo Space John Smulo's blog that I read-

"I'm not sure whether this is peculiar to American Christianity or not, but I seem to regularly hear Christians discuss challenges that face the church. These are virtually always discussions about external challenges such as secularism, atheism, or a particular Teletubby--oh wait, the latter was last year's news.
Contrary to this sentiment, I have relatively little concern about external challenges. I believe the church can withstand anything that might be thrown at it.
That said, with others, I do have serious concerns about challenges facing Christianity. But my concern has to do with internal, rather than external, pressures."
Read more here...

I have to say I agree that often we can be looking too much at the issues from the world we feel are threatening our mission and don't look at the issues within ourselves that are holding us back.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home