my Blue trike Life

walkabout, on a journey to a greater destination

Monday, March 21, 2005

in my thoughts, in my actions, in my choices

a question i am asking myself at the moment
"so how do i let Jesus take control of my life?"
"how do i lose my life for Him?"
i can talk with Him and say to Him
"i give you my life, come and take control"
but often words are weak unless they are followed by action
i can say i give Him my life and sure some bits
but i have to choose to do so as well
and not just in bits but the whole thing
including the things i want to hold onto
especially the things i want to hold onto
the self centred life is hard to let go of though
and though i try to live the other way it keeps coming back to bite me on the ass
but i will not let it win cause i hate to lose
i know that there is only one way to win though
and that is to lose my life for His sake
whoever came up with fighting fire with fire should have done a bit more chemistry at school
you don't fight fire with fire but water or something else non-flamable to smother it till there is no fire left
so it is in life when conquering something like self centredness i need to get rid of all of it by choosing each day to fully let Jesus take control in my thoughts, in my actions, in my choices

2 Comments:

  • At 22 March, 2005 12:18, Blogger Tab said…

    hey, thanx for sharing.

     
  • At 23 March, 2005 12:18, Blogger kelgell said…

    I have been puzzled over the very same issue for months. I don't know that I am winning though. It's jolly hard to let go of self...or to even understand how to. Perhaps I'm not entirely willing to....

    Keep pushing on. Every little bit surrendered brings us closer to completeness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home