my Blue trike Life

walkabout, on a journey to a greater destination

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

with my big brother

a week in Ulladulla
i don't think i could ask for more
one big house
my brother and a friend
a lake view
right on our door step
the beach 10 minutes away
a kayak
a dinghy and motor
if heaven weren't so great
this could almost be it
i mean hey three christian brothers
God is certainly living in us
so He is here
and one of the greatest things
to be able to sit outside
as the sun goes down over the lake
and talk with my brother Lee
about God and what He is doing
in both of our lives and churches
i will always be so greatful to God for that
cause i suppose sometimes we can take
that kind of thing for granted
having your family know God
i love my brother dearly
and when i think of the pain
the hard times i have been through
with my big brother
i will never forget the day
he came home and announced
i have given my life to God
the joy that was in the house that day
and continues each time as i see him grow
is something too great to explain
so i consider my time with him
as precious

1 Comments:

  • At 26 February, 2005 13:56, Blogger kelgell said…

    It's so wonderful to slow down sometimes and think about life and how God works. His goodness is amazing! It never fails to amaze me how constant it is despite everything. I'm glad you got to go away for the week and hang out and have fun. And PRAISE GOD for big brothers. (I love mine too)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home