my Blue trike Life

walkabout, on a journey to a greater destination

Thursday, March 17, 2005

will miss ya just as much

it was 2003 i wasn't at uni anymore and i didn't have a job
i was back in Ballarat though and wondering what the year would bring
i was going to be leading a small group in the youth ministry and studying too
Heather, Kelly, Tab and myself were all doing a couple of bible college subjects
they were Youth Ministry 1 & 2 not your average bible college subjects
but we weren't your average bible college students
we were studying online and got together once a week to meet and listen to that weeks lectures
in one of the first lectures our main lecturer said to look around cause these people will be your new best friends
Heather, Kelly and Tab were already best friends and so they made me apart of their friendship group
little did i know that my friendship with Tab would move from being a friend who i didn't really know that well, to a good friend, to a really good friend, to a best friend, to a best friend who will always be my friend, i hope so anyways
she is leaving town soon, like in a few weeks, moving to Broken Hill to do a discipleship course at Cornerstone
it makes me so happy to see here going off to do what she is supposed to do :)
but it makes me so sad that i won't get to see her :(
Tab and Me
i will miss her smiling face
her questions and challenges on life and faith
her excitment at all those crazy things that make her Tab
her 'so the point of that was' remarks
and even when she makes me mad
i will miss the times we prayed together
i will miss the times we laughed together
and the times we cried
i know she is not dead she is just going away and living somewhere else
so i will look forward to the times we may have in the future
to laugh and cry and have fun and to the phone conversations thanks to God for phones
so to the girl who has taught me so much including how to drive it is goodbye for now
can't wait to come visit love you so much will miss ya just as much

3 Comments:

  • At 17 March, 2005 12:38, Blogger kelgell said…

    That is so spot on and yet there's so much more. I can't even get near explaining how wonderfully cool she is. I've had the privillege of being best friends with her for 14 years. There's no one like that's for sure. I love her staks on heaps on truckloads and overflowing.....

     
  • At 18 March, 2005 16:28, Blogger Tab said…

    Woah! I'm not dead yet or nething u know! I'm not actually that cool, but thanx anyway.

     
  • At 19 March, 2005 10:14, Blogger kelgell said…

    There's a lot of present tense in there. And you are that cool to me!! Coz I love ya lots :Þ

     

Post a Comment

<< Home