my Blue trike Life

walkabout, on a journey to a greater destination

Monday, May 02, 2005

you probably won't work out how

i have been having some difficulties this year, and it has been eating away at me
just recently i was beginning to see a side of the old me coming back that i really don't like and this was really disturbing me, it was time to do something or who knows what would happen
so after taking some advice from some close friends, i decided that what they said was good, but i thought it could be resolved better, so i decided to take a different path of action, from the one they advised me
well so far so good, things aren't totally better or anything, but are on the mend
see i had been trying to do nothing, which wasn't helping, so even though it is gonna cost me, time - money - effort, i figured out i needed to help the situation to get better instead of watching it get worse
funny how standing there watching something get worse doesn't help at all hey
my situation and my proactive choice reminded me of something the Apostle Paul once wrote to the Romans although my suffering isn't really worthy of being called such in comparison to what they may have been going through

"because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope."

cause really it makes sense that it takes difficult times to build character, you don't grow in character by just cruising along with no worries
same as unless you persevere you probably won't work out how to best deal with your situation

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home