my Blue trike Life

walkabout, on a journey to a greater destination

Thursday, September 08, 2005

cause you don't learn to walk on your first go

i cannot explain the struggles in my head at the moment, the questions and unsureness.
i say to God "lead me and i will follow", but i seem to always be asking the question, "where are we going?"
i continue to take steps forward, but find myself nervous when i don't know how things will turn out.
i don't want my life to be ruled by my circumstances, because yes reality is reality, but possibilities are almost endless.
there are often things i can do to change my circumstances, and often the things to change this seem scary, and too risky.
but afterall, what would life be without taking risks, one frustrated life of ifs and buts, filled only with regrets and failure to do something about changing that.
so here's to taking risks, hopefully i can be gutsy enough to take them, and less worried about what might happen, and more worried about what would happen if i was to wimp out.
this is something that i really need to put into practice in my life.
too often have i walked by, because i haven't had the guts to go where i haven't gone before.
for far too long have i let the fear of the unknown control my life, it's time to break out of my shell, to get out there and stop hiding behind my past.
there can be no more excuses, i need to swallow my pride and be ok with falling over, cause you don't learn to walk on your first go.

3 Comments:

  • At 09 September, 2005 12:05, Blogger Susan Barnes said…

    I read this yesterday in relation to creative pursuits and found it encouraging. Hope you do too. "It is impossible to get better and look good at the same time" (Julia Cameron).

     
  • At 10 September, 2005 10:52, Blogger David said…

    Awesome man. I think that says it exactly.

     
  • At 10 September, 2005 15:24, Blogger kelgell said…

    Hmmm. God's been challenging me about taking risks too. One of the specifics was Isaiah 26:3-4...'specially from The Amplified. I posted about it. God's waiting for us to step beyond our limits and comfort zone into an amazing God-adventure. And remember, for God, there is NO unknown. Hope to hear of your growth and adventures...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home