my Blue trike Life

walkabout, on a journey to a greater destination

Sunday, February 19, 2006

how great He really is

this morning at the church service we sang this song together, and it goes like this
"how great is our God,
sing with me how great is our God,
and all will see how great,
how great is our God"
i like this song because it does two things, declares that our God is great, which he is, and has that whole we can't really describe in words how great He is to it, that's the first thing. the second is that it cuts deep and makes me go well how and when will all people see how great God is, probably when the Church (which includes me) gets to really loving all people especially each other.
i seem to not be able to sing that song and not be cut deeply realising that the words we sing need to be lived out, and the question asked do i live every day in my realisation of how great my God really is? or do i live as if my God really isn't that great and therefore not really important to tell people who don't know how great He is about Him and that i can live as if God isn't great and all the implications that go with how great He really is.

1 Comments:

  • At 26 February, 2006 17:39, Blogger Susan Barnes said…

    I really like that song too and also feel deeply cut by it. I think it asks me the same question, do I live every day realizing how great my God really is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home